Monday, May 28, 2012

"Somewhat Unfortunate"

I have a new photograph in my Etsy Shop Rowan DeVoe Arts .  This one is titled "Somewhat Unfortunate" and it is a photograph that I took of my gorgeous, younger sister, Fox, and her Beau in the fields where we grew up.  For reasons unknown, his lot in life is challenged in an unusual way.  Folks could say that he is somewhat unfortunate.
He is forced to hold his head in his hands which seems an awfuly tricky thing to do.  But, we all have something to struggle with.  I sure want to take my head off and put it away sometimes.  Likewise, I am sure he would like to have my problems for a bit.
*
In ancient Greece, there was one day put aside for each person in a village to write down a problem or burden that they carried on a piece of wood or paper and hang it from a common tree.  For that one day, they were all considered free of problems and spent the day celebrating.  It was a dandy of day indeed.  At the end of the day, each person could choose to go to the tree and take on someone else's problem or take back their own. What do you think happened? Well, each person took back their own problem!  Thinking about that helps me get through my days sometimes.
*
I am continuing to add more photographs to my shop so look out for them.  I am editing many photographs that I have taken already(which is of course taking me longer than I thought!).  If you remember a favourite, let me know and I will make sure I add it!
*
Remembrance and support for our folks in all areas of the Military here in the U.S.A.
XO,
merle

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This is a great photograph, so clever. It really made me smile. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Rachel! So happy about your Smile!