Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful-Golden Friday









My Dear Sweet Diana-I would have done more in black and white, but these colours are so amazing and her blue eyes are just awesome.


The beautiful necklace that Diana is wearing is by the talented Ivy of Edera Jewerly. Check out her blog HERE. Ivy, now Diana loves this necklace as much as I do!


I was so happy that my dear friend Diana was able to visit with me yesterday, the day after American Thanksgiving which is typically "Black Friday". She is my "Golden Girl" and we have been through a lot together and separately but always at each other's sides. I am happy to have reached this point where my Diana is here with me with a Mane full of Golden Hair and wanting me to take some "whimsical" and "Fairy Tale Magic" photos of her. Yes! I can do that. I just pulled some velvet and vintage out of my closet, played with some of my glittery makeup and together we decided to make her Golden Mane even more "Full" with a crimping iron so here are a few of the results.


This year I am thankful for my Diana. She is here and healthy. We are making fun of each other like the "old days". She has been sick for a long time and I know she is feeling better because we are teasing each other a lot(so good!) and, her hair did grow back and then some(it took me nearly an hour to crimp all of it!). So, why not celebrate with some fancy photos? And, just look at her! Wow! She is just gorgeous. She has such a regal profile, stunning skin, amazing cheekbones and her eyes are the color of the faintest blue ice. Plus, look at that smile! Beautiful, smart, funny, clever, a Warrior and a Goddess-truly one of a kind! I love you Diana! Love is True!
('Love is True' is something my nephew starting saying when he was around 4 when Diana first got sick. We asked him about it and he said that it is a nice way to say, 'Thank You and I Love You' at the same time so now it has become our routine saying for those times when no words will do. It really comes in handy a lot. He is 7 now and we are all still saying it and he reminds us to say it to Diana especially. That kid is a genius!).

9 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

Diana is surely a fairy to be so beautiful. The mood of your photos is exactly what she need. The colors are gorgeous.
Thanks to share with us such a sweet moment.

Carol Anne Strange said...

This is a lovely post, Merle, celebrating the beauty of a dear friendship. Diana is a radiant being and I'm sure your nephew is a star child. Wonderful energy. x

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful images, and Diana looks radiant in them...I'm so glad you two shared your time together with us! I agree with Carol Anne, the energy is wonderful in these photos!
Stella xxx

Unknown said...

You all are so sweet! Thank you all for your comments. Diana is so brave and wise that she inspired me to do a painting of her as the Greek Goddess "Diana" who is the Queen of the Amazons and at one with the beasts of the land. I will show that painting in another post. I didn't want to portray her as being known as a "person who had been sick" but just the radiant and wonderful friend that she has been to me and my twin for years now. She has also been there for me through all my down times and she is that rare friend who doesn't see you as "the sick"-that it is just something that is part of life and you help each other through it. She truly is a gift and her smile is stellar!

We agree that my eldest nephew is a star child and our Egyptian friends tell us he is a prophet. His little brother is named Skyler and is still very young but I am sure he will have his own wise words and comforting actions. Take care and thanks again!
merle

Ruthie Redden said...

what a beautiful post for a very dear & precious friend.

Heather said...

these are so gorgeous merle!!! you are really making such gorgeous photos. Im jealous, I want a photo shoot!
hope all is well and dry where you are :) love to the littles~!
tp

Ivy Long, Edera Jewelry said...

This is such a sweet post, Merle--all the photos are so beautiful, and Diana is a perfect model! I'm so thrilled she's wearing my necklace--thank you for the mention :)
I hope you're doing better and on the mend...

Ivy

red-handed said...

What's funny is that even before I read the long-ish part, at the end, I was admiring your friend's lovely crimped hair.

Unknown said...

Ha! "long-ish part"-that so cracks me up. you know i can't help it, but my personality is very bland indeed-woe is me. start growing out your hair dj. i'll crimp your hair next! and, i will let my friend know about your compliment-she is just a young girl and after being so sick for so long needs to hear all of this!
you be good-santa's watching!
long-ish merle