Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Different Kind of Photograph in My Etsy Shop

I have a new Photograph in my Etsy Shop Rowan DeVoe Arts
 It isn't a portrait which is something new. "Turquoise Treasure Box" is all about many of my favourite things.

I have always loved the colour Turquoise and all of its variations(from pale Aqua to Robins Egg Blue, Teal, and Blue-Greens) my whole life.  There is something so magical about them. They are the sea and the sky-big breaths of fresh air-windows of freedom and cleansing-flying and swimming at the same time-the feeling of weightlessness and therefore a way to leave all your troubles behind you.  This is why I use these colours so much in my art and in my life. 
*
 This treasure box is also an antique which is something else I adore.  Antique and Vintage pieces are little clues to the past.  Discovering them is a treasure hunt which makes them more beautiful and rare.  Stories are passed down and created by these items from long lost(and not so long) times.
*
Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

with loving kindness,
merle



No comments: