Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Underwater Photographs

I love the mysterious and magical look of photographs taken underwater.  To me, I am creating the mermaids and water nymphs I have loved since I was a little girl reading Fairy Tales.   A few years back, I did a series of photographs with film underwater.  I took them in a gorgeous, clear pool of water by a waterfall in Vermont.  I took rolls and rolls of film only to have a few photographs turn out, but that is the way of photography for me-it is a long and patient process-and when I am finally getting the best photographs, the sun is setting, the water or weather has become either extremely cold or hot and my costumes or sets are falling apart.  Here is one of the photographs from the series that I have scanned and plan to scan more.  I  hope to get out my film cameras again!
Hope all is well with all of you!
xoxo,
merle

No comments: