Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Self Portraits












I was lucky enough to be invited to be in the Book 1 of the Female Self Portrait Artist Support Group's Book and now have been asked back for Book 2. I originally began taking self portraits with a little 1969 manual Pentax 35mm camera my Dad gave me and took photographs of myself because I was alone a lot and had all these crazy Fairy Tale ideas in my head. It turns out I am not so alone in these ideas! Here is the link to the first book. Someone once asked me, "How do you take photos of yourself?!". My answer? Don't be afraid to make a fool out of yourself!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/312943

6 comments:

Robin said...

I love all of these. Congratulations on the book!

CatHerder said...

FABULOUS...i just LOVE your outfit in the first pic! they all look great!

Heather said...

hurray! these are beautiful! You are such art :D

Heather said...

Ah! I LOVE thise! especially the mask one! You are so talented, and beautiful! Aw, I wish we could play photo session! How fun would that be?? we could dress up baby fae ;)

Hélène Deroubaix said...

oh my! lots of so beautiful self portraits you have here!
emotions, drama,beauty,fairytale, it's very inspiring!
I love your hair color!
blessed be dear fairy friend!

Unknown said...

Thank you Helene! I can't, I like to create little stories with fairy tales and costumes-not what everyone likes but I guess it is my thing. Fairy blessing to you too!
love, merle